We collect your Personal Data, in particular through forms or during your navigation on the Website.
With the exception of certain information strictly necessary for your navigation on the Website, the decision to provide us with your Personal Data is voluntary. Refusal to provide your Personal Data to AREA 17 will not result in any major negative consequences.
Your Personal Data may have been provided directly to AREA 17 by you (for example, when you complete a form available on the Website) or obtained indirectly from third parties through various technological means (including through cookies).
In principle, AREA 17's Personal Data processing activities do not lead to the collection of sensitive data through the Website or by other means. In the event that AREA 17 does collect and process sensitive data, it will do so in accordance with legal requirements regarding personal data protection.
1. Using forms
The following Personal Data may be collected and processed by AREA 17 through the various forms on the Website:
- Identification data: surname, first name, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, country/city of residence;
- Browsing data: IP address, Internet service provider, type of browser used, operating system, pages of the Website visited, date and time of access, or behavioral data relating to the behavioral analysis of actions and choices made;
- Information relating to professional life: information on academic background or course of study, professional experience, employer(s), field of expertise and curriculum vitae.
All Users undertake to provide only accurate, complete and regularly updated data on their identity, content and information in general. AREA 17 shall in no way be held liable in the event of the communication of illicit data or data contrary to public order.
Certain Personal Data must imperatively be provided in order to benefit from certain features of the Website (for example, in order to send you its newsletter, AREA 17 imperatively needs your email address). In such cases, refusal to provide such information could result in limiting the User's access to certain services or features offered by the Website.
Apart from these cases, the User is free to provide or not all or part of his/her Personal Data.
2. When browsing the Website - Cookies
AREA 17 hereby informs the User that it places tracking technologies such as cookies on his/her terminal when he/she browses the Website.
Cookies are tracers left and/or read, for example, when consulting a website and stored in the browser of your terminal. They allow us to recognize your terminal's browser and to retain information for the duration of the cookie's validity.
You will find below the list of cookies used on the Website, their purpose and how to disable them.
Strictly necessary cookies:
These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Website, for the use of its most important features and for the fluidity of navigation. These include security features, easy access features. These cookies cannot be disabled.
These cookies improve the quality of navigation on the Website, in particular by saving your preferences expressed during your visit to the Website. The information collected via these cookies is anonymous and does not allow you to be identified. They can be deactivated.
Audience measurement cookies:
These cookies are used on the Website to generate anonymous statistics. They allow us to recognize and count Users and identify how they move through the Website as they use it. This allows us to improve the operation of the Website, for example by ensuring that Users can easily find what they are looking for. They can be disabled.
Social network cookies:
You can manage, deactivate or authorize cookies by indicating your choices on the tag manager accessible on its first visit through the cookies banner or accessible here Cookie Settings.
The User can also globally manage his cookies by modifying the parameters of his/her Internet browser by following the corresponding link below:
- Chrome : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr
- Microsoft Edge : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies
- Safari : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT1677
The information that you communicate to us by using the Website allows the management of access and use of the Website.
More specifically, the Personal Data collected during browsing, access and use of the Website are processed for the following purposes:
- Recruitment management: AREA 17 processes the Personal Data of candidates who send their application through the forms available in the "Careers" section accessible from the "Contact" heading of the Website in order to process their application.
- Management of prospects and clients: AREA 17 processes the Personal Data of Users who contact it via the "New business", "Press inquiries" and “Everything Else” forms available in the "Contact" section of the Website in order to process their application.
- Marketing: AREA 17 processes Personal Data in order to manage the User's subscription to the newsletter.
Processing for marketing purposes requires the User's consent. The User may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
The legal bases for the processing carried out by AREA 17 from the Website can only be the following:
- AREA 17's legitimate interests that do not exceed the Users' own interests;
- the performance of a contract or pre-contractual measures; or
- the User's consent.
Where, pursuant to the Regulation, the processing of Personal Data requires your consent, AREA 17 shall ensure that it obtains such consent in advance.
AREA 17 shall not process Users' Personal Data for purposes other than those initially agreed upon without first informing them and obtaining their consent to the new processing, unless the processing is required or authorized by law, or is in your vital interest.
AREA 17 informs the User that Personal Data is only kept for the period strictly necessary for the purposes pursued as set out above and in accordance with the Regulations. The length of time your Personal Data is kept varies according to the type of Personal Data and the purposes of processing.
Your Personal Data is kept for the duration of our contractual and/or pre-contractual relationship. Your Data will be archived for the duration of the statute of limitations applicable in France, i.e. for 5 years, after the end of our relationship and/or our last contact with you when you are a prospect or a client.
In the context of recruitment, your Personal Information will be kept for 2 (two) years after our last contact with you if your application has not been retained, you may however indicate to us that you do not wish us to keep your Personal Information at the end of the recruitment process, in which case your Personal Information will be deleted immediately. Your Personal Information will be retained for the duration of your employment contract if your application is successful.
Some Personal Data may be kept (invoices, estimates, credit notes) for a commercially reasonable period of time, for backup, archiving or audit purposes. The mandatory retention period is ten (10) years for invoices.
Personal Data from cookies and tracers will be kept for a period of thirteen (13) months from their collection.
Finally, the Personal Data collected for marketing purposes (newsletter) will be kept - unless unsubscribed - for a period of three (3) years from the date of collection or the last contact from the User.
As the data controller, and in accordance with the Regulations, AREA 17 undertakes to:
- Only collect Personal Data for the strict purposes described above;
- To put in place all technical and organizational measures to guarantee the security, confidentiality, integrity, availability and constant resilience of the processing systems and services;
- Restrict access to Users' Personal Data to only those persons duly authorized to do so;
- To educate and train its staff on the processing of Personal Data;
- Guarantee to the Users all their rights of access, portability, deletion, rectification and opposition for the collection and processing of their data;
- Notify the competent supervisory authority of any security breach presenting a high risk to the rights and freedoms of Users within seventy-two (72) hours of the discovery of the breach.
The User is duly informed that he/she has at any time, before, during or after the processing, the right to access, copy, rectify, oppose, portability, limitation and deletion of his/her Personal Data.
Insofar as the processing of their Personal Data is based on their consent, the User has the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
These rights can be exercised by sending an e-mail to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the following address: AREA 17, 10 Cité d'Angoulême, 75011 Paris; and this, subject to proof of identity.
In addition, the User whose Personal Data is collected may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if he/she considers that his/her rights have not been respected. For more information, you can consult your rights on the websites of the competent authorities (in France, it is the CNIL).
The competent control authorities are listed on the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
In the event of fraudulent intrusion into its systems, theft, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, unauthorized access or any other malicious act, AREA 17 undertakes, if the said intrusion creates a high risk for the rights and freedoms of Users to notify Users of (i) the nature of the intrusion, (ii) the probable consequences of the malicious act, (iii) the measures proposed to remedy the malicious act, within seventy-two (72) hours of becoming aware of the intrusion.
The malicious act presenting a significant risk for the rights and freedoms of the Users will be communicated to the competent control authority.
The User's data is accessible only to persons duly authorized by AREA 17 for the purposes of management, administration or maintenance of the Website, to the exclusion of any use commercial, and, where applicable, for the purposes of implementing Users' rights with regard to their data (in particular, the right of access, withdrawal, rectification, opposition, portability and oblivion).
AREA 17 informs the User that it uses the following subcontractors in particular:
- Andela, Inc
- So Simple Surf
In any case, AREA 17 asks the third party recipients of the User's Personal Data to undertake to comply with the Regulation.
The Website is not intended for minors under the age of 16.
However, if information is collected on a minor under 16 years of age from the Website, the minor's legal representative must give his or her prior consent and validate the communication of the Personal Data.
AREA 17 reserves the right to make any changes to the present confidentiality policy, in particular as a result of changes in the legislation and regulations in force, it being specified, however, that it will duly inform the User thereof.
Our work has been featured on Site Inspire, Awwwards, and DesignRush.