We are in search of a detail oriented, outgoing administrator who is eager to support a dynamic team. The Studio Administrator supports the Operations function of the New York studio and by extension, the vitality of the overall business and its objectives by maintaining a professional, fun, functional, and safe working environment. Through the successful administration of your primary responsibilities as the Studio Administrator, you champion the AREA 17 employee experience through the tactical connection and coordination of daily operations of our world-class branding and interactive agency. In addition to managing facilities of our studio and running daily office operations— you’ll support our leadership team in executive assistant responsibilities to ensure their calendars are tip-top, and to run special projects as directed by the People Operations Manager and Chief Operating Officer as needed.
Your experience should show us that you:
- have supported a digital agency or other professional office environment and enjoy working with others and supporting them to do their best work.
- are a passionate collaborator and empathetic professional. You believe open communication and a smile can go a long way and you believe building relationships with the people around you is important to accomplishing your work.
- are an adaptable and creative problem solver. You know that every day in this position does not look the same, and you prefer it that way.
- take pride in a detail oriented and thorough administration of your duties and believe that process has the power to make good work great work.
- are a self-starter who seeks opportunities to make the environment around you the best it can be. For big tasks and small tasks alike, you don’t wait to be instructed to get your work done but rather ask questions and apply your curiosity and empathy to execute and constantly refine processes that make an office run.
As Studio Assistant your primary responsibilities will be to:
Maintain professional, fun, functional, and safe studio environment as the focal point for all office related inquiries, special projects, and routine maintenance including but not limited to
- Restocking supply inventory of office, bathroom, and kitchen spaces; Field all employee requests for supply purchases, report expenses to Finance.
- Coordinate vendor schedule including repairs and maintenance IT, cleaners, garbage removal, exterminators, and when necessary, working with building management to schedule these vendors.
- Administer company property including software accounts; company property (keys/ access codes, desks, computers) as directed by People Operations Manager.
- Perform IT — you make the internet happen, right?! Keep the printer up and running, conference room audio-visual equipment tip top and VoIP phones on and ringing.
- Receive guests; sort mail and packages; answer mainline; sort all generic inquiries submitted to our contact form
Support Leadership team through hands-on calendar and personal assistance.
- Manage and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Provide executive summary of priority items for weekly or daily execution
- Offer personal assistance as needed (lost property, opening and sorting mail, IT, booking travel, etc)
Collaborate with larger Operations teams to support overall functionality of our department.
- Coordinate with finance team to obtain approvals and tracking purchases; ensure timely reporting of receipts to finance team
- Assist People Operations Manager with scheduling interviews as needed.
The Operations team
The Operations team is comprised of three elements — People Operations, Finance, and Facilities. Fundamentally and functionally, our team is the backbone of our business practices. At AREA 17, our mission is to make great work and live great lives. As such, our client teams are responsible for making great work and our Operations team upholds our mission to live great lives. We do this through an approach centered around empathy, craft, and rigor.
AREA 17 is a digital product agency
As a company, we value arts and culture, education and design, free expression and social progress. With a commitment to design excellence and engineering performance, we create brands and digital products for acclaimed museums, academic institutions, design organizations, and editorial platforms in the public and private sectors, as well as innovative start-ups, brands, nonprofits and philanthropies.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that our continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist for all employees – we invest in each member of the team to develop, grow and advance, individually and as a team.
We strongly encourage everyone to apply. AREA 17 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, and/or disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.