We are looking for a UX Architect to join the Strategy discipline in our New York studio. As a UX Architect, you’ll help drive the strategy and uphold the vision for the brands and digital products that we design, build and grow. The UX Architect serves as a key consultant of projects on our teams, embedded in multidisciplinary work streams and supporting projects on a day-to-level with clear vision and insights.
As a UX Architect, your primary responsibilities will be to:
Craft and deliver content architecture deliverables
- Lead content audits during project research phases to provide actionable data to collaborate with project team members.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to help understand client’s current landscape, their existing workflows and their future priorities.
- Analyse, validate, and document content ecosystems (sites, channels, social media, partners)
- Provide recommendations that include: determining content ownership and governance, editorial and storytelling strategies, and content models including metadata, taxonomies, and formats.
- Identify new content workflows as needed, and collaborate with brand strategists to help define voice and tone, along with developing editorial guidelines.
- Provide migration plan recommendations.
Cultivate positive client relationships as a consultant on teams
- Help guide clients and teams to clear architecture decisions both with clearly illustrated concepts and frameworks, as well as empathetic and consistent communication.
- Provide valuable expertise to management-level clients, quickly building comfortable rapport.
Build out our methodology and architecture-focused thinking
- Working in a space where UX and strategy blend together, you push our thinking around complex content websites to a next level.
- You collaborate well across multiple disciplines and can quickly adapt to different approaches.
- You manoeuvre easily between supporting the strategy team in the initial research and discovery phases to gather both user needs and business goals, and taking the lead on developing the content framework for a project.
- Work closely with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of a representative from strategy, design, and engineering to deliver optimal design solutions.
Your experience should show us that:
- You're a systems thinker and you have experience organizing complex ecosystems, and this is supported by the strategic and tactical skills needed to gracefully direct multiple projects for diverse clients and industries.
- Champion design; as you look out into the world, you see opportunity at every glance for how smarter design could make for a more useful and joyful human experience. And, that’s exactly how you approach designing users’ experience on the web. While your role is not visual design, you have taste and talent for making your work look as good as it communicates.
- Have technical command with a deep understanding of the importance of technical specifications and requirements which you apply to solve user problems across each layer of the user experience — from the business strategy through a product’s launch.
- Are a born collaborator and thrive on cross-disciplinary workflows and feedback; you drive excellent results through consistent and proactive innovation and results-driven ideas; you love prototyping and iteratively ideating until the best solution arises.
- You’re an innovative problem-solver and creative thinker, delivering tangible solutions with concrete results. Your track record shows a pattern of innovation despite project constraints. You’re more than theories and wild ideas -- you’ve found ways to get your ideas off the whiteboard and into the world.
The Strategy Team
The Strategy team identifies actionable opportunities and prioritizes them by value, effort, and risk—we intend to start 'doing' as quickly as possible. We bring concepts and ideas into reality through the active articulation of creative, and technical ideas that ladder up to the strategic product vision aligned around business goals. Common activities include product road mapping, conducting user research and planning content and technology.
AREA 17 is a brand and digital product agency
Based in New York and Paris and founded in 2003, we partner with organizations we trust and admire to create lasting value through craft, impact, and soul. We believe the way we advance digital today is imperative to ensuring a more open, resilient, and optimistic world. By crafting brands and products that are fundamental to our interactions as people, we can make the internet an enhancement of our lives, not a distraction from it.
Our cultural commitment is simple — to be an environment where we can do great work and live great lives. We are an international team of 70+ people from 18 countries, speaking 13 languages. As individuals and a team, we are inspired by the world around us and united by our values of rigor, curiosity, kindness, courage and je ne sais quoi.
Benefits of working with AREA 17
At AREA 17, we believe making great work and living great lives are inextricably linked—and must work synchronously to achieve harmony. In crafting our benefit programs, we emphasize our employees’ wellness and offer competitive packages including medical, dental, and vision plans with low or no deductible; robust flexible PTO allowance; 401k; paid family leave; and subsidized transit benefits to name a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that our continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist for all employees – we invest in each member of the team to develop, grow and advance, individually and as a team.
AREA 17 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, and/or disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.