We are looking for a Senior Strategist to join the Strategy discipline in our Paris studio. As a Senior Strategist, you’ll help drive the strategy and uphold the vision for the brands and digital products that we design, build and grow.
The Senior Strategist serves as a key driver of projects on our teams leading multidisciplinary work streams and guiding projects on a day-to-level in collaboration with Product Directors. In this role, your success is gauged through the articulation of a clear brand positioning recommendation and product vision including measurable KPIs, then manifested through the efficient interplay of design, technology and branding in our final brand and products and through our client’s achievement.
Location — Paris 11
Contract — CDI
Salary — To be discussed, based on experience
Your experience should show us that:
- You have substantial experience in brand strategy, identifying branding opportunities to further our client’s strategic positioning.
- You have extensive digital product experience, and this is supported by the strategic and tactical skills needed to gracefully direct multiple projects for diverse clients and industries.
- You have a deep and multidisciplinary understanding of digital strategy, with a backdrop in design and development. While not hands-on with the design or development itself, your strategic frameworks and metrics chart the course for their success. Your fluency in digital processes empowers the makers on your team.
- You’re a trusted leader and an active collaborator, you inspire confidence in client executives and colleagues alike, and serve as stress reducer and proactive connector in pressure-filled situations.
- You’re an organized presenter, natural facilitator, and strategic writer capable of communicating complex ideas to very different audiences.
- You’re an innovative problem-solver and creative thinker, delivering tangible solutions with concrete results. Your track record shows a pattern of innovation despite project constraints. You’re more than theories and wild ideas -- you’ve found ways to get your ideas off the whiteboard and into the world.
As a Senior Product Strategist, your primary responsibilities will be to…
- Lead discovery phase through core brand strategy deliverables and activities:
- Synthesize insights from a broad array of inputs such client documents, research, best practices, market trends to frame the situation and identify preliminary brand opportunities
- Manage and analyze quantitative and qualitative customer / prospect research, partnering with analytics specialists as appropriate
- Conduct in-depth interviews with client management and key stakeholders
- Craft brand architecture, brand values, and positioning deliverables and artifacts
- Craft and deliver core strategy deliverables:
- Craft product vision, with consultation from Product Directors
- Create product strategy and articulate it through clear goals and KPIs
- Ensure client business goals and user-needs are satisfied by providing feedback to design and engineering teams that vets deliverables against the product vision
- Cultivate positive client relationships as an account leader on teams:
- Help guide clients and teams to strategic product decisions both with clearly illustrated concepts and frameworks, as well as empathetic and consistent communication
- Provide valuable expertise to management-level clients, quickly building comfortable rapport
- Support prospective client engagement as needed, through crafting strategic deliverables:
- Working with our Partnerships team, you develop and present strategic RFP responses which
- articulate clear goals and KPIs
- Present these recommendations and concepts as needed
About AREA 17
AREA 17 is a digital product agency with studios in Paris and New York. As a company, we value arts and culture, education and design, free expression and social progress. With a commitment to design excellence and engineering performance, we create brands and digital products for acclaimed museums, academic institutions, design organizations, and editorial platforms in the public and private sectors, as well as innovative start-ups, brands, nonprofits and philanthropies.
The Strategy team identifies actionable opportunities, and prioritizes them by value, effort and risk—we intend to start 'doing' as quickly as possible. We bring concepts and ideas into reality through the active articulation of creative, and technical ideas that ladder up to the strategic product vision aligned around business goals. Common activities include product roadmapping, conducting user research and planning content and technology.