Senior Digital Producer
AREA 17 is a digital product agency. As a company we value arts and culture, education and design, free expression and social progress. With a commitment to design excellence and performance we create brands and digital products for acclaimed museums, academic institutions and design firms, editorial platforms in the public and private sectors, and with progressive start-ups, brands, non-profits and philanthropies.
We are in search of a team-minded, proactive digital native to join us as a senior producer on our team. Successful candidates have a digital production background in an agency setting with diverse experience leading digital engagements (large-scale websites, digital platforms, apps) both large and small, and can hit the ground in leading any multi stream portfolio from day one. While familiar with aspects of the role, we are not seeking candidates with backgrounds in video content or producing marketing campaigns (e.g. banner ads, splash sites), our search is focused on candidates with digital product experience.
As Senior Interactive Producer, you go beyond on time and on budget to produce world class digital products. With an appetite for business, and an aptitude for technology and design, you approach client business problems with holistic strategic thinking and collaborate with the Design and Engineering Leads to build innovative product solutions to our clients business and user needs. Your consummate communication skills, afford you dexterity and comfort in a variety of professional situations from organizing client presentations with C-Suite stakeholders to internal review sessions with core teams.
As a senior member of the team, you will apply your command of production methodologies and approach to the ongoing codification of our processes and tools in collaboration with others. You will support the agency in reporting dependencies such as shifting invoicing schedules, or servicing change orders which may affect resourcing or cash flow.
Your experience should show us that you:
- have extensive agency or digital production experience, and the project management and tactical skills needed to gracefully produce multiple projects for diverse clients and industries.
- have worked with technical clients to produce complex, multi-domain platforms from inception to launch; marrying well-crafted solutions with healthy profit margins; your production experience is in sophisticated digital products, not limited to banner ads and marketing campaigns.
- are a trusted leader and an active collaborator, able to inspire teammates in multiple disciplines, with interdisciplinary command of strategy, design and engineering.
- are an organized presenter and natural facilitator capable of parsing and communicating complex ideas to differentiated audiences, internally and externally.
- are an innovative problem-solver and creative thinker, delivering tangible solutions with clear goals and concrete results.
- are an empathetic and curious people person who builds and grows genuine relationships through confidence, passion, trust and respect.
Produce large scale digital products, including: (80%)
- Ongoing management of client and internal teams, and project deliverables, budgets, schedules and reporting
- Create varied documentation for planning, reporting and active project deliverables, from actionable meeting notes and weekly reporting to proposal scopes, test scripts and user flows.
- Actively manage project health, including proactive scenario planning as relates to resourcing and budgeting, as well as in seeking opportunities for the project team experience and product innovation
- Manage vendor selection process as needed for project engagements from drafting briefs and gathering bids, to working with operations and finance team to finalize contracts.
- Develop and deepen client relationships alongside executive leadership and Product Directors.
Production leadership through methodology and management: (20%)
- Support the continued codification of Production processes and tools in collaboration with others.
- Identify and report project and portfolio-level dependencies that may affect agency health, such as shifting invoicing schedules, overburn, shifting resourcing needs, etc.
- Support Production Director(s) by surfacing resourcing shifts or needs and collaborating on strategic solutions
- Support new business workstream through collaboration with strategy team by synthesizing business requirements and scoping projects or RFP’s.
The Production team is the nexus of our disciplines and offering— the hub, where our products come to life. As the day to day driver of AREA 17 projects, we bring concepts and ideas into reality through the active articulation of creative, strategic, and technical ideas. Within project teams, with clients and with one another, our producers are responsible managers and consummate collaborators who apply these skills to serve our collective mission — to make great work and live great lives.
Fundamentally, we are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist for all— we invest in each member of the team to develop, grow and advance, individually and as a team.