We are looking for a Product Strategist to join the Strategy discipline in our New York studio. As a Product Strategist, you’ll help drive the strategy and uphold the vision for the brands and digital products that we design, build and grow. The Product Strategist serves as a key driver of projects on our teams, leading multidisciplinary work streams and guiding projects on a day-to-level in collaboration with Product Directors. In this role, your success is gauged through the articulation of a clear product vision including measurable KPIs, then manifested through the efficient interplay of design, technology, and branding in our final products and through our client’s achievement.
As a Product Strategist, your primary responsibilities will be to:
Craft and deliver core strategy deliverables
- Craft product and brand vision, with consultation from Product Directors
- Clearly articulate the role of the product within the brand ecosystem and its role in user’s lives
- Create brand and product strategy and articulate it through clear goals and KPIs, backed by research and organizational goals
- Ensure client business goals and user-needs are satisfied by providing feedback to design and engineering teams that vets deliverables against the product vision
Cultivate positive client relationships as an account leader on teams
- Help guide clients and teams to strategic brand and product decisions both with clearly illustrated concepts and frameworks, as well as empathetic and consistent communication
- Provide valuable expertise to management-level clients, quickly building comfortable rapport
Support prospective client engagement as needed, through crafting strategic deliverables
- Working with our Partnerships team, you develop and support in presenting strategic RFP responses which articulate clear goals
- Present these recommendations and concepts as needed
Your experience should show us that:
- You have agency and/or digital product experience, and this is supported by the strategic and tactical skills needed to gracefully lead multiple projects for diverse clients and industries.
- You have a good and multidisciplinary understanding of digital strategy, with a backdrop in design and development. While not hands-on with the design or development itself, your strategic frameworks and metrics chart the course for their success. Your fluency in digital processes empowers the makers on your team.
- You enjoy synthesizing and analyzing research and data, and have the research (desk and field) skills to do so
- You’re a great communicator and an active collaborator, you inspire confidence in client stakeholders and colleagues alike and serve as a stress reducer and proactive connector in pressure-filled situations.
- You’re an organized presenter, natural facilitator, and strategic writer capable of communicating complex ideas to very different audiences.
- You’re an innovative problem-solver and creative thinker, delivering tangible solutions with concrete results. Your track record shows a pattern of innovation despite project constraints. You’re more than theories and wild ideas -- you’ve found ways to get your ideas off the whiteboard and into the world.
Last but not least, you love...
- Finding simplicity in complexity
- Empathizing with users and finding whitespace within industries
- Understanding trends impacting user behavior
- Learning, growing, collaborating with other like-minded individuals
The Strategy Team
The Strategy team identifies actionable opportunities and prioritizes them by value, effort, and risk—we intend to start 'doing' as quickly as possible. We bring concepts and ideas into reality through the active articulation of creative, and technical ideas that ladder up to the strategic product vision aligned around business goals. Common activities include product road mapping, conducting user research and planning content and technology.
AREA 17 is a brand and digital product agency
Based in New York and Paris and founded in 2003, we partner with organizations we trust and admire to create lasting value through craft, impact, and soul. We believe the way we advance digital today is imperative to ensuring a more open, resilient, and optimistic world. By crafting brands and products that are fundamental to our interactions as people, we can make the internet an enhancement of our lives, not a distraction from it.
Our cultural commitment is simple — to be an environment where we can do great work and live great lives. We are an international team of 70+ people from 18 countries, speaking 13 languages. As individuals and a team, we are inspired by the world around us and united by our values of rigor, curiosity, kindness, courage and je ne sais quoi.
Benefits of working with AREA 17
At AREA 17, we believe making great work and living great lives are inextricably linked—and must work synchronously to achieve harmony. In crafting our benefit programs, we emphasize our employees’ wellness and offer competitive packages including medical, dental, and vision plans with low or no deductible; robust flexible PTO allowance; 401k; paid family leave; and subsidized transit benefits to name a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that our continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist for all employees – we invest in each member of the team to develop, grow and advance, individually and as a team.
AREA 17 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, and/or disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.