We are looking for a collaborative and curious Front-End Engineer to join our engineering team in the New York studio. As a Front-End Engineer, you sit at the crossroads of design and technology, where you build front end modules and test design concepts with prototypes.
In our next team member we hope to find…
- A clear, conscience and empathetic communicator. You can discuss technological concepts with fellow engineers and translate for non-engineers. You give time and attention to how you build relationships with those around you and enjoy having strong bonds with your colleagues.
- Someone who thrives in collaborative environments and understands agency workflow. You enjoy working on varied client projects and are up for the challenge of a fast-paced environment.
- A team member who loves learning and honing their craft as an engineer. You love learning new technologies, and pushing yourself to grow.
As an Front-End Engineer, you would…
- Be a part of our projects from start to finish; working with our talented producers, strategists, UX team, designers and other engineers, both front end and back end to help plan, design, build, integrate and launch successful projects
- Create written specs and documentation for readmes, internal documentation to help formalize process or as an artifact for future maintenance.
- Collaborate on research and experimentation for client and internal project work. We value knowledge sharing and learning from one another. We have regular group meetings to discuss our process and new technologies. We would like to continue to grow our team of curious people.
The engineering team
The engineering team is a design-driven group of coders and thinkers who bring ideas to life. Reliability, scalability, and performance are just some of the things we think about day to day in our coding work. We also believe that sharing knowledge and expertise builds strong bonds amongst one another and by extension, a strong team. We value helpfulness and support one another to solve challenges and learn new skills.
AREA 17 is a digital product agency
As a company, we value arts and culture, education and design, free expression and social progress. With a commitment to design excellence and engineering performance, we create brands and digital products for acclaimed museums, academic institutions, design organizations, and editorial platforms in the public and private sectors, as well as innovative start-ups, brands, nonprofits and philanthropies.
Benefits of working with AREA 17
At AREA 17, we believe making great work and living great lives are inextricably linked—and must work synchronously to achieve harmony. In crafting our benefit programs, we emphasize our employees’ wellness and offer competitive packages including medical, dental, and vision plans with low or no deductible; robust flexible PTO allowance; paid family leave; and subsidized transit benefits to name a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that our continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist for all employees – we invest in each member of the team to develop, grow and advance, individually and as a team.
AREA 17 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, and/or disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.
It might take several days until you hear from us, but stay tuned – we’ll get back to you.