Editorial and Social Media Internship — Fall 2016 (Paid)
Krrb.com (pronounced 'curb') is a hyperlocal, curiously global classifieds. A scavenger hunt at your fingertips where you can thrift, rummage and discover local treasures—at your doorstep or around the world.
Krrb was created by AREA 17 for the love of garage sales, thrift shops, flea markets, street fairs and any place someone can thrift, scavenge, rummage, dream and discover local treasure. We exist for people who love to find things by chance, search for bargains, get things for free or obtain a uniquely crafted item with a personal story. As scavengers ourselves, we want to touch the objects we buy, meet the people we buy them from and hear the stories they have to tell. But we also understand the value of the Internet and how it can help make the initial connection.
Krrb is a venue that helps individuals, businesses, markets and events sell their vintage, secondhand, handmade and locally-sourced goods. We’re here for common folks, thrifters, vendors, collectors, crafters, artists, designers, artisanal food-makers and anyone looking to salvage, swap, repurpose, reuse, recycle, upcycle or simple get rid of stuff.
What we’re looking for:
We seek an Editorial and Social Media Intern in NYC who is a recent graduate looking to make writing and/or social media their career. In addition to a strong desire to get world-class hands-on experience, qualified candidates are curious, dedicated, positive, highly motivated, collaborative, proactive, detail-oriented and willing to pitch in whenever help is needed.
- Reports to — Community and Marketing Director
- Location — Onsite, NYC (Williamsburg, Brooklyn)
- Payment — Flat rate based off $10 per hour
- Status — 25 hours or 40 hours per week (Please specify your preference)
- Period — 4 months with possibility for full-time employment thereafter.
- Write for our blog (http://blog.krrb.com)
- Craft and schedule social media posts
- Support with event planning
- Support with grass-roots promotion (online and offline)
At Krrb we look at each candidate as a whole person, not just a resume. Although experience is important factor, we believe potential and drive are equally important. We encourage anyone who is interested to apply. We’d love to meet you!
Ideally, most of these are true about you:
- Familiar with best practices online
- You are experienced in writing for the web including blogs, tweets, etc.
- You have some knowledge of Wordpress, Google Analytics and campaign tracking codes
- Up on the latest social media platforms and how to make the most of the specific audiences
- You are outgoing and take initiative to solve problems
- Share our passion for DIY, craft, local, community, handmade, secondhand and craft culture
- This is a startup. Ideally, you flexible, quick-paced, hard worker.
When applying, include any relevant social media links, blog links or anything else that you think shows us who you are. The 4-month internship begins September 2016, with opportunity for full-time hire.
- Full access to all staff at Krrb and AREA 17, including partners
- Hands-on experience
- Treated as a respected collaborator
- Letter of recommendation
- University Credit (if applicable)