We are looking for a Copywriter to join our Strategy team in the New York studio. As a seasoned craftsperson — you create more than just good copy. Your work reduces ambiguity and puts the audience first. It’s concise and contextual, considers goals and motivations, and offers actionable information. Your copy brings a human element to well-considered and well-crafted digital products and brands.
As part of our strategy discipline, the Copywriter creates key deliverables that span two focus areas — Branding, including brand strategy, voice and messaging recommendations or content; and UX/UI copywriting that supports and drives the design, look, feel and overall wayfinding of the product. Successful candidates are seasoned professionals with demonstrated experience as a copywriter or content strategist at a digital agency or product company. In this role, your success is manifested through a collaborative output of strategy, UX, and design to culminate in strategic recommendations and copy that serves as the human inroad for users.
Your previous experience should show us that:
- you’re a confident writer, strategic thinker and editor capable of communicating and focusing complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- you have extensive agency or digital product experience, and this is supported by the strategic and tactical skills needed to gracefully craft deliverables across multiple projects for diverse clients and industries.
- you have a deep understanding of digital strategy, with a backdrop in user experience design, production, and development. You craft copy and deliverables that are driven by and aligned with the strategic framework and KPI’s
- you have a deep command of branding and crafting messaging guidelines that translate business goals into an out that calls users to action with a unified tone and approach.
- you’re an innovative problem-solver and creative thinker, your solutions offer tangible and concrete results.
- you’re an organized presenter and a natural facilitator. You inspire confidence in client executives and colleagues alike, and serve as stress reducer and proactive connector in pressure-filled situations.
Your primary responsibilities will span across two functional areas:
- Craft messaging guidelines and naming frameworks for brand voice and content that translate business goals into applicable and actionable frameworks that are tailored to our clients’ desired tone and KPIs
- Perform competitive landscape analysis, content audits, and user interviews to gain insight into our clients’ opportunities
- Create strategic business responses and key strategic brand deliverables
- In collaboration with our Partnerships team, create AREA 17 brand content including website copy that tells our mission and case studies as needed
UX/UI copy and content —
- Iterate quickly and collaboratively with Strategists and Product Directors to create copy for the web
- Identify and solve usability issues from a copywriting perspective such as navigation and wayfinding recommendations
- Edit and proofread site copy before launch
The Strategy team identifies actionable opportunities, and prioritizes them by value, effort and risk—we intend to start 'doing' as quickly as possible. We bring concepts and ideas into reality through the active articulation of creative, and technical ideas that ladder up to the strategic product vision aligned around business goals. Common activities include product roadmapping, conducting user research and planning content and technology.
AREA 17 is a digital product agency
As a company, we value arts and culture, education and design, free expression and social progress. With a commitment to design excellence and engineering performance, we create brands and digital products for acclaimed museums, academic institutions, design organizations, and editorial platforms in the public and private sectors, as well as innovative start-ups, brands, nonprofits and philanthropies.
Benefits of working with AREA 17
At AREA 17, we believe making great work and living great lives are inextricably linked—and must work synchronously to achieve harmony. In crafting our benefit programs, we emphasize our employees’ wellness and offer competitive packages including medical, dental, and vision plans with low or no deductible; robust flexible PTO allowance; paid family leave; and subsidized transit benefits to name a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that our continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist for all employees – we invest in each member of the team to develop, grow and advance, individually and as a team.
AREA 17 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, and/or disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.