About the role
We are looking for a Communications Manager with a passion for design, technology and digital products to lead our agency content and communications efforts globally. In this position, we are looking for a brilliant storyteller and talented communicator that connects our craft (the things we shape, design, and build), impact (the value we bring our clients and the world) and soul (the human connections amongst our team, our clients and communities) to construct powerful narratives that move our brand and visibility forward.
As Communications Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day writing, coordinating and maintaining of the agency's global ecosystem of content and communications. This includes all external communications, such as website content and news, case studies, newsletters, blog and social networks, as well as internal content initiatives such as our weekly team newsletter and ongoing studio sharing sessions and cultural programming. The Communications Manager will also work closely with our PR partner on marketing initiatives such as coordinating speaking opportunities, industry event participation, as well as industry network awards and submissions. While there’s a growing list of projects for this person to tackle, there’s also a fair amount of green space to make this role your own.
We are looking for a creative colleague to help envision a more open, resilient and optimistic world. Someone who shares our passion for brands and products that are fundamental to our interactions as people, and who wants to make the internet an enhancement of our lives – not a distraction from it. We seek an individual who shares our values of rigor, curiosity, kindness, courage and je ne sais quoi – and who applies them to everything they do.
Depending on the candidate, you will be working from either our New York or our Paris studio.
Your previous experience should show us that...
- You are bilingual in French and English: this role requires you to write and edit in both languages.
- You have experience in editorial, journalism and digital communications.
- You are passionate and highly competent speaking about design, technology, and digital products in general.
- You have a passion for the Internet and stay abreast of the latest digital product news and trends.
- You have strong writing, editing, interviewing and storytelling skills.
- You can apply these skills to video and have an eye for incorporating visual content across various communication channels
- You love project management and have a keen eye for detail. The ability to multitask, plan and prioritize is critical to the success of this role.
- As a born collaborator and connector, you value clear communication, efficiency, and creativity above all else.
Your primary responsibilities will be to...
- Keep our website up-to-date including general content, news and team bios.
- Interview project teams and craft case studies with a focus on storytelling.
- Create, manage and send monthly newsletters to clients and subscribers.
- Maintain the editorial calendar for our blog, write articles and edit content of others, including coordinating staff and guest contributors.
- Maintain our social networks with proactive and reactive content and thought leadership, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Drive our external communications: seek out and coordinate marketing, liaise with PR partners, generate and manage speaking engagements and industry event participation, plan and organize agency-sponsored events, etc.
- Drive our internal communications: curate, write and edit our weekly team newsletter and manage our internal programming.
- Proactively keep up with industry trends and give updates and recommendations to leadership as relates to thought leadership, business development and agency culture.
- Responsible for ongoing reporting on platform activity and use data to inform your recommendations and identification of key opportunities
The Partnerships team drives AREA 17’s growth. We are the face of AREA 17 to prospective clients. We help prospects see opportunities more clearly and we help AREA 17 understand the challenges our prospects face. We find solutions to complex business challenges. And we work with our colleagues to articulate creative, strategic, and technical ideas to executives and practitioners alike.
AREA 17 is a brand and digital product agency
Based in New York and Paris and founded in 2003, we partner with organizations we trust and admire to create lasting value through craft, impact, and soul. We believe the way we advance digital today is imperative to ensuring a more open, resilient, and optimistic world. By crafting brands and products that are fundamental to our interactions as people, we seek to make the internet an enhancement of our lives, not a distraction from it.
Our cultural commitment is simple—to be an environment where we can do great work and live great lives. We are an international team of 70+ people from 18 countries, speaking 13 languages. As individuals and a team, we are inspired by the world around us and united by our values of rigor, curiosity, kindness, courage and je ne sais quoi.
Benefits of working with AREA 17
At AREA 17, we believe making great work and living great lives are inextricably linked—and must work synchronously to achieve harmony. In crafting our benefit programs, we emphasize our employees’ wellness and offer competitive packages including medical, dental, and vision plans with low or no deductible; robust flexible PTO allowance; 401k; paid family leave; and subsidized transit benefits to name a few.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that our continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist for all employees – we invest in each member of the team to develop, grow and advance, individually and as a team.
AREA 17 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, and/or disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.